You’ve booked your appointment and now you’re on your way to preparing for the photo shoot. This is the fun part! You may have heard the saying, “The devil’s in the details,” which can’t be more true when it comes to preparing for your boudoir photo shoot. Nothing is more disheartening than preparing for weeks to have an awesome photography session, only to realize you’ve arrived for your photo shoot with your fingernail polish half chipped off, or a run in your stockings! So think ahead, make a list, and you’ll be on your way to a fantastic photo shoot.
I am going to cover you with tips from head to toe today, so here we go:
- If you have long hair, wear it down for most if not all of your images. Those long cascading curls tumbling over the bed look amazing! If you want a playful look, throw it up in a ponytail at the end, just remember a hairband. But don’t wear the hair band around your wrist, as it will show in all your images.
- When applying your makeup, do so as if you are going out for the evening. A little bit heavier but don’t overdo it. If you are having a professional do your make up, let them know you are doing a photo shoot. Any professional will know how to apply the correct amount of make up for studio lighting.
- Don’t forget the jewelry! You may not want to wear it in all of your images, but it can add an extra special element to your outfits.
- Your hands will show in your images, so make sure your finger nails look fabulous and your rings shine bright.
- Slip in an extra pair of thigh highs, just in case that one pair gets a run right as you’re putting them on. If you’re concerned about cellulite on your legs, smooth stockings are better than fishnet stockings.
- Spray tanning should be done a few days in advance. Tanning the day of your shoot leaves orange smudges on your clothes & the white bed sheets. And don’t go too dark! You want to look like a boudoir goddess, not an Oompa-Loompa!
- Undergarments for your wedding always make a beautiful shoot for those about to say “I Do!” But don’t forget the veil & garter to finish your look.
- Those stilettos can be the icing on the cake! They finish a sexy boudoir outfit like none other.
Spend a little extra effort diving into the details. The payoff for fabulous images will be worth it and you will portray yourself as one sexy diva!
~Notes from Laurie